Läs vad Toyota-förarna Elfyn Evans, Takamoto Katsuta och Sebastien Ogier tänker inför VM-premiären 2024, Rallye Monte Carlo.
I kväll torsdag startar Rallye Monte Carlo som är premiärtävling en av Rally-VM 2024. Tidsschema, resultatlänk, tv-sändningar fär Rallye Monte Carlo 2024 finns här.
Toyota är de regerande mästarna i årets Rally-VM med sin nya besättning. De kommer till start med en rutinerad förarbesättning.
Läs här (på engelska) vad förarna tänker inför tävlingen.
– It’s always exciting to start a new season, especially with Rallye Monte-Carlo. The 2023 season was a nice progression for us that showed we’re going in the right direction. Of course, we want even more in 2024 but it’s not going to be easy to achieve that. We know that the competition will be tough like usual, so as a team we’re always working to continually improve and we’re ready to give this season our best shot.
– With Rallye Monte-Carlo moving north again this year, we’re much more likely to see wintery conditions forming part of the challenge. We had some tricky conditions in our pre-event test, so that provided some good practice, but this rally is all about adapting to whichever conditions we face during the weekend.
– It’s always nice to be back in the mountains around Monte Carlo ready to start a new season. Every year there is more expectation but I like this pressure and I want to fight at the front, so I will try to have even better results in 2024. I want to be consistently in the podium fight, and to try to get a first victory.
– I will enjoy it and keep pushing the limits and working hard. The engineers are pushing a lot to improve the car further and I can feel in the factory that everybody is working hard, so I’m confident that we can be even better than last year. Rallye Monte-Carlo is one of the trickiest rallies in terms of the conditions with difficult tyre choices, but we’re up for the challenge.”
– I’m happy to be at the start of another season after all these years, and I take this opportunity with both hands. The last couple of years have been good fun with the team and we managed to secure some good results. I think we want to keep going this way as long as we can and that’s the plan for 2024, starting with Rallye Monte-Carlo of course.
– For me this is a must-do event and there’s a lot of hopes for this first rally. I think it’s the rally that you need to respect more than any other as the conditions can be so challenging, which means that nothing is guaranteed. Numbers are never my main motivation, but if I could get a 10th win on this event it would be something very special.